6 Skincare Brands You Need To Try This Year
Prebiotics and probiotics are not just for your supplements and yoghurt. They’re effective in your skincare too for balancing your personal microbiome to create healthy, glowing skin. Gallinee is all the finesse of French pharmacy and the top end of skin science, creating products that aim to care for your skin and make a difference without the frills. I love the section of their website describing your skin’s pH and other areas of the body against household products (read here). Whenever I use this brand it reminds me to treat my skin like the organ it actually is; with care. Read my probiotic skincare review here.
- Body Milk - Great as a post-shave moisturisier and was such a soothing option to use when I started getting eczema and my skin felt hot and itchy.
- Hydrating Face Cream - Super light and mixes well with oils and serums to leave nourished and dewy skin. A great morning pick even for combination skin types.
Out of all the Korean beauty brands I’ve tried, only a few have really stood out to me. NEOGEN is one of them. Another brand backed by science, research and innovation. This is so important for me now when I’m looking for skincare that’s effective at its core. Beautiful branding and packaging is wonderful but if it doesn't improve my skin, what’s the point?
NEOGEN uses their own six core bio technology and incorporate many natural ingredients and patented formulations in their products. They also bring out ranges to suit all different skin types. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on their newer Green Tea Stick Cleanser this year.
- Rose Cleansing Water (reviewed) - Very soothing and softening on the skin. I don’t get on well with micellar waters anymore (they dry out my skin) so this has been my go to.
- Wine Gauze Peeling Pads (reviewed) - If Pixi Glow Tonic isn’t your thing, you need to try these. It contains AHAs from naturally fermented wine which is full of antioxidants and really brightens the skin. The gauze texture on the pads is great for some gentle manual exfoliation too and it smells like fresh grape juice.
I never thought I’d find a brand of sheet mask that would leaving me thinking “wow, gotta get me a box of those!”. A’pieu do some of the thinnest, most sleek bio cellulose sheet masks that smooth onto the skin easily with no air bubbles. Their sizings are great, they have a little stretch to them and of course, my skin always feels incredibly juicy, plump and nourished afterwards. I love the My Skin Fit superfood line and the trawberry Milk Pack is too adorable to ignore. For me, how a mask sits on the skin is so important as it plays a huge role in its effectiveness.
Created by the actress Ha Ji-won, J.One Cosmetics is a brand that shot to fame in 2016. It was spotlighted by Glow Recipe and now features on the Sephora website. The brand showcases interesting formulations inside minimalist and clean packaging.
- Hana Cream - My absolute favourite. It featured in my top 6 for 2016 and is the most luxurious, buttery night cream ever. They come as individual capsules and leave skin feeling silky smooth and bouncy with a selection of highly effective and sought after ingredients. Read my Hana capsule cream review here.
- Jelly Pack - When it comes to a good makeup base, this is always what I reach for. It’s like an adhesive primer that also adds a fresh, dewy glow to the skin. If you’re into the glossy skin look, you’ll enjoy experimenting with this.
I love the concept and story behind this brand. Farmacy are involved in the creating of each skincare product, every step of the way. They have their own farms where they cultivate the ingredients used in their products and their own labs (hence the clever name). Echinacea GreenEnvy complex stars in all of their products - Farmacy’s own patented formula. It’s a powerful antioxidant, something I’m always happy to have in abundance in my skincare routine. An extensive range and definitely one for the luxury skincare lover’s wishlist.
- Skin Dew - Who wouldn’t want to reach of a product called Skin Dew? You know I love face mists and this one has a calming herbal scent to it. Great when you’re feeling under the weather. Feels refreshing and can glow-ify (new word?) makeup.
- Sleep Tight - A night balm that you warm between your fingers and press and smooth onto the skin. It’s light but so nourishing and gives the skin a glowing lift. I enjoy this more than an overnight mask for bouncy happy skin the next morning.
A beautiful skincare range created by facialist and former professional dancer, Su-Man. I wrote about my initial thoughts over on this Instagram post. I love the clever formulations, plethora of effective ingredients used and the sleek and minimal packaging. I’ll have full reviews of the Purifying Cleansing Gel Oil and Rehydrating Toner Essence up on the blog in February so look out for that. They of course, would be my product recommendations so far.
PIN ME, PRETTY PLEASE: